BIG BANDS - VARIOUS ARTISTS Audio CD for sale
The big band is a type of musical ensemble associated with jazz, a style of music which became popular during the Swing Era from the early 1930s until the late 1950s. Big Bands evolved with the times and continues to today. A big band typically consists of approximately 12 to 25 musicians and contains saxophones, trumpets, trombones, vibraphone, singers (or vocalists), and a rhythm section. The terms jazz band, jazz ensemble, stage band, jazz orchestra, society band and dance band may be used to describe a specific type of big band. In contrast to smaller jazz combos, in which most of the music is improvised, or created spontaneously, music played by big bands is highly "arranged", or prepared in advance and notated on sheet music. The music is traditionally called "charts". Improvised solos may be played only when called for by the arranger (source: Wikipedia.org)
The fixed price for the audio CD includes shipment (p&p) to anywhere in the world! Stock last (we immediately remove the 'buy now' button if we sell a CD).
All prices are worldwide shipping costs p&p included!
SILVER EDITION No1 - BIG BANDS
1. Take the A train - Duke Ellington
2. North-West passage - Woody Herman
3. Bei mir bist du schon - New Orleans Jazz Band
4. Musik makers - harry James
5. Memories of you - Benny Goodman
6. Jive at five - Count Basie
7. Trumpet blues - Harry James
8. In the mood - Glenn Miller
9. This can't be love - Johnny Desmond
10. Don't fence me in - Shep Field
11. Bugle call rag - Benny Goodman
12. Two o'clock jump - Harry James
13. s'Wonderful - Artie Shaw
14. Tuxedo junction - Glenn Miller
15. Perdido - Duke Ellington
16. How high the moon - Stan Kenton
Price: $ 18.00 worldwide shipping included.
Return to Audio CD's for sale